CMP fans are tried and tested on the companies own dairy unit, the high volume low speed design is proven to increase milk yields by up to 1kg day
Why Invest in Ventilation?
The Thermal Comfort Zone of Cows is determined by a combination of air humidity and temperature. Harper Adams dairy specialist Dr Emma Bleach advises that at a humidity level of 68 or above, a high yielding cow experiences heat stress. This level causing heat stress is already reached when the temperature is 22oC and relative humidity is 60%, which are frequent conditions during the British summer.
Importantly, studies also show for every 2oC a cow is cooled below 68 TH, milk production can increase by 1 litre. While milk yield is the most obvious loss following a period of heat stress, there are greater and more serious costs, regarding herd fertility that are too often overlooked.
Short Term Benefits
- When experiencing heat stress a cow stops eating and 2-3 days later milk yield and quality declines.
- The cow spends more time standing, often exacerbating the lameness burden.
- Leading US dairy consultant Michael Wolf explained following analysis of the UK dairy industry, if a UK dairy farmer experiences a yield loss of 2.25kg a cow per day, over a 6 week period a 100 cow herd with a milk price of 0.25p experiences a loss of £2,350.
Long Term Benefits
- Heat stress lowers reproductive performance in cows by increased internal temperatures depleting hormone regulation. This reduces oestrus intensity, decreasing embryo implantation and increasing rates of embryonic death. In the same way, heat stress in male animals causes changes in sperm conditions further depleting the chances of reproductive success.
- Poor reproductive performance causes an increase in culling rates as well as reduced performance of dry cows in her subsequent lactation by causing setbacks in mammary cell development.
- Impacts of heat stress are not limited to the dry cow alone but the body temperature of her unborn calf also increases. This alters the calf’s metabolism and gene expression, resulting in smaller calves at birth, and negative implications for the calf’s lifetime health and performance, negatively impacting future generations of the herd.
5 Clear Benefits of Ventilation
Why choose a CMP Ventilation Solution
CMP is the Italian leader in the design and manufacturer of ventilation technologies. With a company dairy farm on site at the headquarters, research and development is based on a real commercial business. This gives CMP fans a distinct advantage over other providers, because they understand what cows need for optimum performance.
Every dairy shed is different, and with a range of over 50 fans, we are sure to have a fan suitable for your business.
Cool Summers, Dry Bedding in Winter
CMP fans are the ideal solution for cooling and ventilating both small and large open environments. Boasting a standard reverse feature, CMP fans also distribute warm air from overhead during the colder months, proven to dry bedding materials, which is becoming evermore useful with rising bedding costs.
The fan motors designed and manufactured by CMP Italy ventilation experts, are proven to use over 40% less energy than those of other livestock fan providers.
In addition to energy efficiency, the shape of the aluminium blades, distribute more air, over a greater distance, to manage a consistent climate throughout the building, enhancing animal health and welfare.
Made from aluminium, these fans will not corrode or rust, and are therefore a worthy investment.
Files & Resources
Download the latest resources and datasheets here